Welcome to the hydro3D project
Hydro3D is a finite difference Navier Stokes solver that permits accurate and efficient Large Eddy Simulation (LES) of turbulent flows. It has been developed by Prof. Thorsten Stoesser and co-workers at Cardiff University, UK, primarily for use in the simulation of environmental fluid dynamics. If you are interested in using and/or developing the code, or if you would like to discuss opportunities for collaboration, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To get a feel for the code's present range of capabilities please take a look at our flow gallery and publications.
- Sub-grid Scale (SGS) turbulent stress modelling using Smagorinsky or WALE methods.
- Choice of spatial discretisation schemes including 4th order central differences.
- Choice of temporal solution schemes including 5th order ENO/WENO.
- Efficient computation of flows in and over complex geometries using an Immersed Boundary Method.
- Efficient multigrid solver with MPI and OpenMP parallelisation.
- Local mesh refinement for increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Bubble column simulation using Lagrangian particle tracking.
- Free-surface flows simulation with level-set method.
- 1-equation SGS modelling.
- Free surface simulation in turbulent flows using the Level Set Method.
- Sediment and scalar transport.